Start a new topic
Solved

Down..?

Sorry, I wasn't sure where else to report this! Cohost seems to be down right now. Which I am sure you're already aware of, BUT just by some chance you're not: Cohost is down right now. Have confirmed with others that this definitely isn't just me!

4 people have this problem

Since this is purely a DNS issue, I was able to continue to access the site by editing my hosts file to point cohost.org to the correct ip address.

You can use a dns history service such as https://osint.sh/dnshistory/ to get the ip (just remember to scroll to the bottom, since it's ordered from oldest to newest).

Also this should be obvious, but once the domain is fixed you will want to remove the ip address from your hosts file, since keeping it there will likely prevent you from connecting some time in the future.

1 person likes this

Oh thank you AquamarinePlasma! I figured it was DNS but didn't know DNS history services existed

It appears that the issue has been fixed, dns lookup tools show a valid domain and reverting my hosts file doesn't prevent me from connecting anymore!

2 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment