Start a new topic

avatar frames/decor we can purchase to support the site

i originally mentioned this in the comments on this post, but now i'm expanding on it:

on tumblr (barf), they recently added badges by one's url, and for many of their yearly april fool's jokes, there's been hats or silly things added on top of people's avatars. discord also added something similar recently, but i agree with people who say that discord's decorations are too animated and annoying to see. i think that cohost should do something somewhat similar and add a shop where people can buy a decoration for their avatars, like a png of a hat. something not nearly as complicated as discord's decorations, something simple that could work for all avatar shapes if it's difficult/annoying to implement it in a way that shifts the hat based on what avatar shape you picked.

compared to tumblr, i think people would be much more willing to spend a few bucks if it meant they could have a silly hat. cohost already has made a name for itself through user customization like CSS crimes, so i think that something like this would fit right in.

my ideas for different decor:

• png of a top hat
  • anime sparkles (y'know, like discord's except not ugly/making it hard to see the icon)
  • png of blue jeans (coming from the bottom of the icon)
  • an eggbug at one corner of the icon
  • rabbit ears, cat ears
  • pride flag borders
  • and so on!
attached is a preview of discord's avatar frames as an example.
Login or Signup to post a comment