Start a new topic

Severe screen shaking when scrolling timeline or comments on an iPad

Sometimes, the screen begins to rapidly jitter up and down after scrolling to a certain spot in the timeline/comments. It stops if I scroll away, but resumes if I go back to the position where it started. It’s obvious in the attached video (Warning, it’s flickering as a result).

Cannot find the specific circumstances it appears in. Haven’t observed the behavior anywhere besides Cohost, so it’s unlikely a problem with de device.

iPad 9th gen, Safari (added to Home Screen). 

mov

2 people have this problem

i have the same issue on iphone when i scroll far enough away from a tumblr embed that i clicked to show, seems to be the embed gets unloaded for being far away and then it snaps the timeline back up but the embed is now in a position where it can display so it snaps it back down again and repeats rapidly.

1 person likes this

I'm having the same problem on desktop, using Firefox, on pages with long tumblr embeds. The #Palestine tag is where I first encountered the problem today, but from there I found the page of user omegastag is an even better place to replicate this issue at the moment.

Seems to be an issue with a large amount of embeds, or particularly large ones.

Tumblr embeds probably exacerbate this since they're a complete mess, if you've ever looked in your browser console with one  on the feed. I've been considering disabling them in my browser because they're so bugged.

Login or Signup to post a comment