Start a new topic

Paragraph-Long Tags

The search bar and post editor will suggest user-made tags, so if "pep" was typed then the search shows similar tags like "pepper" or "peppy".  Wildcard searches are great, but this feature can also display long niche tags, which clutters the page when used in bulk.

Suggestion: add character limits or a "show more" toggle on tags.
Here is an image of a very long tag:

[Image description: This is a screenshot of the Cohost post editor.  The tag "alt rock"is typed in.  The suggested tags show alt rock music, alt rock album, and salt rock art.  The last tag on the list is a complaint reading "Your post is being removed because My Chemical Grad Life is not a real emo band. ”Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus..." The rest of the tag is cut off halfway through. End description]

Login or Signup to post a comment