Start a new topic

Give some indication to logged-in users that a post requires login to view

There's an experience I've had countless times now that's honestly gotten to the point where I'm honestly writing this out of frustration: I see a funny post that I'd want to share with friends who don't use Cohost for one reason or another. Finding it worth sharing, I copy the link, believing that it is sharable since there's no indication that it's not, only to be greeted with a useless embed and the realization that the link is useless to anyone who does not have a Cohost account, after I've shared it and possibly triggered notifications as well.

As it stands, beyond opening every post I wish to share in a private window, there's absolutely no way for me to tell otherwise whether I'll be sharing a post or a useless nag. I'd like some way to be able to tell, without using a private window, whether or not I can actually share a post to users who aren't logged in.

Maybe there's some other alternate solution to this, or maybe I should just put up and shut up since it's frankly not all that important, but I'm just tired of feeling like it's effectively up to chance whether a given post can be shared to my non-Cohost using friends or not, because there's no way to tell unless you're not logged in.

6 people like this idea

Agreed! You're actually the third person to submit this feature request lol (i'm the second :p)

This is the oldest one I'm aware of and has the most votes so far, so maybe best to consolidate here: https://help.antisoftware.club/support/discussions/topics/62000185829

1 person likes this

oshit, whoops. I tried looking for this suggestion before making my post, but I guess I just couldn't find the right words, my bad for fragmenting this issue x.x

Login or Signup to post a comment