Start a new topic

Some issues with pages after the recent bugfix

When going to someone's page, it first loads cohost.org/username, then cohost.org/username?page=0. The end result is that you have to page back two times to get back to the previous page. A minor annoyance, but I think related to this other bug.There's no way to go more than one page at a time, so previously the way to go back 50 pages was to just change the url to username?page=50. It will load the requested page, and then immediately load page 0 after similar to the above. Only tested in Firefox 115 ESR

5 people have this problem

was about to post my own bug report when i realized it's mentioned in this one as the 2nd you mentioned! would love a fix to the page redirect issue, here's the c/p of what i was about to post:

"I noticed a few weeks back that I can no longer navigate to old pages on my profile via manually typing the page number in the url (i.e. changing cohost.org/username?page=0 to cohost.org/username?page=50, or /username?page=50#), and that it gets there for a second before redirecting page to page 0!

I know this bug started occurring sometime not too long before patch notes vol. 80, where I noted that the second bugfix bullet point reported a fix to what appeared to be a similar issue. I'm on Windows & desktop Firefox, unsure if this problem persists on mobile browsers.

I used this method regularly to find my own old (often untagged) posts, and now I can't do so unless I waste a lot of time manually clicking "next page" one by one a bunch of times (which shows no redirect issue)! I'd love to know if other desktop users are having this issue, and vote this report if you do! :)"

1 person likes this

I'm constantly getting hit with this, if I leave a previous page of someone's blog open in the background it's liable to end up back on page 0 when I come back to it.  Or if I'm on a previous page and reblog something, once it redirects me back to the blog I was viewing I get zooped back to page 0.

Login or Signup to post a comment