Start a new topic

Auto-collapsing / auto read-more doesn't seem to work anymore

There used to be a feature where if a post was tall enough, a read-more would be automatically added. This doesn't seem to happen at all anymore. It was really useful, especially for posts with extremely tall images, or lots of embedded images stacked vertically. I've even noticed that some posts that I know used to get auto read-more'd don't anymore.

Obviously people can just add a read-more manually, and this works fine for most cases, except for tall images. There is, as far as I know, no way to manually add a read-more in the middle of an image, the way the auto read-more could do, so people posting tall images like comics have to either ruin their formatting by breaking the image up, or just post a gigantic obstacle that their followers have to scroll all the way past every time they see it.

It would be nice to see the auto read-more working again, or, alternatively, it would be nice to have a way to manually add a read-more in the middle of an image

1 Comment

Follow up: after some more fiddling around I discovered that the auto read-more does still kick in if you embed a tall image via an img tag, but doesn't work if you attach the same image via the attachment button. I could have sworn it worked for either method before but I could be misremembering

Login or Signup to post a comment