Start a new topic

let users post ads to tags for a fee

this is my official request to cohost to implement user-created advertisements, as a potentially sustainable form of revenue for the site. i am of the opinion that advertisements themselves are not an annoyance: it's intrusive placement, reliance on otherwise private user data, and harassment into buying a premium tier to remove ads that are the main problem. here's how i would want cohost ads to work. an advertisement is functionally the same as a regular post - allows the same kind of content, and only shown to a user following its creator or one of its tags - with two major exceptions. 1) advertisements would be the only posts displayed non-chronologically. they'd be shown at set intervals between regular posts, rotated for however many impressions the creator paid for. the original post has a set place in the feed like other posts, but this can be hidden at the option of the creator. 2) ads always have a special border and disclaimer at the top, clearly indicating that they are ads and not chronological posts. users creating ads would pay a fee based on the number of tags the ad is being posted to and the number of impressions they would like it to have. if its impressions run out, they may pay again to add more impressions to said post. all users can opt in to or out of ads at any time, no costs or subscriptions required. they can choose to view ads from users they follow and for tags they've bookmarked, which are controlled separately and only displayed in their respective feeds. in other words, users only ever see ads from people or tags they follow. if any user decides they don't want to see a particular ad again, they can hide it from their feed, and any future impressions that would have been served to them are redirected to other users. if possible/practical, i would like an advanced option to control which followed users and tags are permitted to show ads. it would also be nice to control how many ads you see per page, up to let's say 10. it may be necessary to put a limit on how large an ad can be, so as to prevent abuse by creating very long ads that take up a large portion of one's feed.
1 Comment

okay so i apologize for the formatting, i have zero clue why it's doing that. do i need to add line break tags or something?
Login or Signup to post a comment