Start a new topic
Implemented

uploading mp3s to cohost/native audio posts

to put it in simple terms, it would be awesome if i could upload an mp3 (with a 10mb limit, similar to images) and cohost has some sort of native player (preferably a floaty one so people can play while they browse, similar to how tumblr or soundcloud have it). i've attached a rough mockup of what i imagine that looks like (though, not as ugly as my terrible mockup ofcourse LOL).

this is similar, but in addition/reference to this topic: https://help.antisoftware.club/support/discussions/topics/62000183100

i looked back on that post, and realized it's missing the bit about native audio posting. i think having to use the embed stuff feels a bit bad, especially for new users who haven't yet clicked the "allow media from this source" buttons for most common services. it also sends the message that cohost is not really meant for these types of posts, which i don't think is intentional or even really the case. but i also imagine implementing a floaty player is easier for "local" files? correct me if i'm wrong...

(also i would love a media tab!)

62 people like this idea

please... please all of this. musicians of the cohost will love you

2 people like this

this would be a /huge/ addition for musicians, yes please!

1 person likes this

I would very much love this! It would not only make Cohost a more natural place for musicians, but as a non-musician myself I also think the "floaty player while you scroll" would really add to the atmosphere while exploring through Cohost. There are folks on here whose music posts I'm sure would pair really nicely with using this site.

4 people like this

that would be an amazing addition to the website and would help to bring a lot of composers to the platform!

2 people like this

Please support this! This is an unmet need that a lot of people in the chiptune, digital fusion, and surrounding communities could benefit from!

1 person likes this
have just been waiting for this to become a thing in the meantime, we can attach audio files here
wav

2 people like this

first topic on here i've hit the "follow" button for T^T

2 people like this
Please please please do this

1 person likes this

This is the first thing I looked for when I created a Cohost account! Soundcloud is garbage. I'm basically just looking for a place to post music and talk about process.

3 people like this
pleaseā€¦ I am begging for this feature

2 people like this

i would love to see some features like this which emphasise audio and create sensible ways to make sharing and listening to audio feel essential and integrated into the Chosting Experience

2 people like this

Would be pretty good. I know SoundCloud's embeds hurt my soul because of a lack of volume settings, so I yearn for something like that.

1 person likes this

@SkylarHylar that's a great point! the little speaker icon in my mockup is meant to represent a volume slider if you hover over it--definitely an essential feature

2 people like this

Login or Signup to post a comment