Start a new topic

can't change my profile picture for some reason

exactly what it says on the tin: i go to my profile settings to change my icon and when i double click the file the file explorer window closes and... nothing happens. i'm on Firefox on a windows 10 PC, i'm aware of the firefox image upload bug, i've disabled ublock on cohost and cleared my cache and added cohost as an exception to no tracking in my firefox settings, it still wont  change. i even tried to change it on microsoft edge and it still wouldn't actually change. i know its not that big a problem in the grand scheme of things but its kind of disheartening to have this problem after coming back to cohost after a couple months :(

19 people have this problem

Yes, it appears to be fixed now.

Seems to be happening again.

Win11 on Opera GX, trying to upload a PNG file throws: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

ok still not fixed but somehow was able to force it to work by
1. upload new avatar (preview image will be broken)
2. play around with the shape options, change it a few times then stick to whatever
3. save. If it saved correctly you can still go back to edit (your preview avatar will be fixed this time) and now choose the shape you want

Avatar uploading works for me but not previews, on FF 121.

I'm getting the same error as in https://help.antisoftware.club/support/discussions/topics/62000184473 - my browser doesn't seem to like the extra parameters on the blob: URL.

Quick greasemonkey workaround:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        Avatar preview
// @match       https://cohost.org/rc/project/edit
// @grant       none
// @version     1.0
// @run-at      document-end
// ==/UserScript==
Promise.all([
  new Promise(res => window.addEventListener("load", res)),
])
.then(() => {