Start a new topic

subscribing to posts

the ability to click a button on any given post (perhaps via the meatball menu) and subscribe to it, giving you notifications any time a new comment is added.

and, of course, the ability to unsubscribe too!

cohost is shaping up to be a great place for discussion, but it can be pretty hard to keep track of convos-in-progress if you aren't the owner of a post! plus, if someone posts a question you're also interested in hearing answers for, you have to obsessively check their page for updates

in my mind, a feature like this would make communication a bit easier

i've been toying with possible cons of the feature, and all i can think of is the potential for stalking. but when things are posted publicly, that can be done with or without a subscription feature. anyone have any thoughts?

12 people like this idea

HUGE +1 for this

being able to subscribe to discussions without being a post/comment author is a very under-appreciated feature on many websites imo, and Cohost would definitely benefit from having it, especially if this would also allow you to subscribe to specific comment threads/replies in addition to all comments on a post.

2 people like this

Yes yes yes yes yes! Being able to subscribe to a post would be a huge boon for fostering discussions.

Also, this is probably a pretty niche use case, but this would be a super valuable feature for anyone who wants to use Cohost for roleplay (which I believe it has significant potential to become an appealing platform for). If someone posts an opener and you reply to it, you're going to want to be able to get a notification specifically for when that person posts their reply back to you. If there's planned to be a lot of activity going on under one post, you're also generally probably going to want to get updates for that!

2 people like this

absolutely!! me and my buddy have actually been testing out roleplay on the site and it feels really clean asides the snag of keeping up with threads you're a part of (or just want to follow!)

a whole new rpc could build up here, and features like this would nurture that potential

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment