Start a new topic

Allow users to silence notifications for a post

I am still receiving notifications on a share of a share of a share of a post I made. Locking shares on my original post doesn't prevent the sub-shares from spreading, and it doesn't seem to stop the notifications, either.

I would like the ability to simply not receive notifications about my original post anymore, so that my notifications are not cluttered with likes and comments and reshares.

23 people like this idea

Coming here because I had a post take off recently and I wanted to silence notifications for it for a little while (I was waiting for notifications for a different post)

Tried silencing the post - that doesn't stop the notifications coming in, but since they're silenced, they no longer render in the notifications page. They do still take up space, technically, since I only had one other notification on the entire screen, even though I had other notifications from the past day, I just had so many more for the post that took off

Being able to toggle notifications for a post would be super handy! I don't want to lock shares or comments on the post, but I would like to reduce the amount of pings I get!

(Also, for clarity, my notifs are only Replies and Comments - it was still a lot! Which is good, I'm glad people liked the post! But it was a lot!)

Bumping with the exact same issue as the above commenter. 

Login or Signup to post a comment