Start a new topic

Better vertical monitor support

I sometimes browse cohost on my secondary vertical monitor as it lets media render larger and more text fits on each line. However, I can't have the window be fullscreened (or wider than around 85% of my 1200x1920 monitor) or it enables the standard layout intended for widescreen, which causes 2/3 of the screen to become dead space and makes posts much smaller than normal. I'd appreciate if extremely tall and not-particularly-wide(-relatively) windows used the same mobile layout as a 1025px wide window.

Examples attached below showing an art post on a squished window (1025px wide, the maximum the mobile layout will render on) and a fullscreen window (1200px wide).

5 people like this idea

FWIW, you can easily mitigate this by holding down ctrl and scrolling up with the mouse wheel a bit. this adjusts the zoom for a single website, and cohost does seem to switch to the mobile layout after a certain point.

i use this all the time on firefox, and i personally like to pair it with the "zoom controls" tool from the toolbar customization menu. it's very handy :)

Might be a media query with `orientation`? Do monitors report back "orientation"?

As a workaround, but not a solution, it might be possible for users to bump up the "zoom" for the browser. But this will affect all sites.

Oops, edited the post some more after doing the captcha and I didn't realize captcha timeouts remove images.

Login or Signup to post a comment