Start a new topic

Unable to post images, despite being able to post text.

On both mobile and desktop, on chrome and edge browsers, I've been unable to post images from my account. The post's images simply get stuck on "uploading..." for an indefinite amount of time despite being JPEG and PNG images in the kilobytes of size.

15 people have this problem

Oh i have this same problem, despite trying on multiple browsers too!

I tried firefox, edge, with and without extensions.

5 people like this
I have the same problem where I can’t upload images, on ANY platform, I’ve tried multiple browsers on desktop, I’ve tried multiple browser on iOS and iPad OS, nothing works, so I’ve just been uploading images to my web hosting and including them with img tags lol

4 people like this
Oh that's a good idea, the tag workaround lol. I recently tried posting an image through my phone network and it worked? I'm not sure why, though. I have yet to test it on my computer (again)

2 people like this

i can't upload images either, i even tried to disable my DNS filters but that did nothing

what's this about web hosting, is it just imgur?

2 people like this

I have this exact same issue. Tried JPEG and PNG, and tried uploading on both mobile and desktop, both with fiber optic wifi. It stays stuck on uploading and never does. Text goes through, oddly enough. Been having this issue for about three weeks.

2 people like this

Also have this issue. Have tried using Chrome and Firefox. Image is under 50kb.

1 person likes this

I can upload on Mobile through DuckDuckGo, but for some reason not on PC with Edge.  Strange, isn't it? I don't suppose anyone has a fix?

I am suddenly having this issue now, even though I was able to upload images on the night before.

This is now happening for me too! I was able to upload images last night, but now image uploading is broken. 

Same issue, with a fresh account just out of the waiting period. I was able to upload text perfectly fine, but when it came to images, I've tried four different times: twice normally, two with a VPN,(the latter of which was an attempt to be saved as a draft instead of being directly posted) with no luck. 

Managed to fix my issue by compressing my image to under 500kb, as per the suggestion of user arborelia in a similar thread. Don't know if that helps the issue for anyone else, but it worked for me :)

im also getting this problem even when my images are under 500kb

Login or Signup to post a comment