Start a new topic
Solved

Cohost keeps logging me out

Hello!

I am very frequently being logged out from Cohost; login sessions are getting lost on a near-daily basis. This adds a lot of friction to my use of the site, since I have to log in before checking for new posts.

I filed this as a bug but of course, I don't really know if it's a bug or intended behavior.

I am primarily using the iOS progressive web app.

20 people have this problem

Yep, this is happening to me across all browsers and devices. It seems like the login session only lasts ~1 day, which is pretty annoying.

it hasn't happened to me at all, but two of my friends have mentioned this issue, one of 'em experiencing it more frequently lately, too

(oh, since you seemingly cant edit posts here, i'll add that it's been happening to 'em on both pc's and phones)

I'm only able to stay logged in as long as my cohost account is open on my browser.
I am using Firefox v107.0 (64bit) on a windows 11 home PC (also 64bit) If you need my specs I'm happy to provide them as well, just say so.

This happens frequently to me as well, I have to log in on all of my devices every day or two.

i'm seeing this problem too, but for me it seems to be isolated to mobile (chrome on android) - the login sessions only last up to a day, or maybe 2 days maximum. my desktop session (chrome on windows) seems to be unaffected, been logged in for weeks (iirc?) with no issue. can grab more specific specs/version numbers if those are helpful, just lmk. :)

Happening to me too; first noticed it on iOS 16.1.1 on the PWA (using "Add to Home Screen" for cohost.org) but I think I've subsequently seen it on iOS Safari.

Just noticed it on desktop but with the same behavioural nuance as previous comments.

I think I've specifically noticed that as long as my laptop is plugged in (and thus doesn't sleep) (and thus my web browser keeps running) (and the network connection stays alive), I stay logged in.

I left my laptop lying around without power for maybe 12+ hours recently (so it went to sleep) (and dropped the network connection) and got logged out after that. I don't know exactly how much time I have to leave my laptop like that before I get logged out.

desktop = macOS 13.0.1 + Microsoft Edge 107.0.1418.56 arm64, Balanced tracking protection (the default)

I am getting this on Firefox 107 on Linux. I can visit several times a day, but first time I check the page every day I need to log in

I am being logged out several times each day - I counted 7 times today alone. I have not had a session last more than 12 hours in about a week now. It seems to increase in frequency when I switch between accessing on my desktop pc and mobile device, but I'm not sure if that's just confirmation bias or not. Using Firefox 107 on Windows 10 mostly, also happening on Android Firefox 107.

I use Cohost on Firefox 107 on Windows 10, Firefox 107 on macOS, and Safari Mobile on iOS, and at least once a day I have to log into one of them again.

Same, firefox on mac (

I get logged out at least every day, and sometimes more than once per day, using Cohost as a web app saved to my home screen on iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.1.1.

1 person likes this

gonna mark this as solved for now.  if you keep getting logged out, though, please feel free to reply to this thread and we'll take a look.

Login or Signup to post a comment