Start a new topic

Better dark mode

The current dark mode doesn't extend to actual posts which still maintain a white background. As a user with eye conditions that make them light sensitive, this can worsen light-induced pain and even be the cause. This causes problems especially on mobile where posts take up the entire screen as you scroll.

160 people like this idea

i use the website from mobile mostly and can't custom theme it. an actual dark mode would help me a lot, using cohost when i have a migraine is bad.

2 people like this
This would be great! Honestly I would love custom theming too! Sometimes pure black themes are a little too contrast-y for my eyes and a built in way to do simple theme customization would be amazing.

2 people like this

There's a dark mode?!

1 person likes this
this would still help me out a lot

1 person likes this

Post feed is still bright white for me- is there any progress or any plans on this?

1 person likes this
Agree, this would be a good one to bring up the list

1 person likes this

we've been using cohost for over 9 months now, and only learnt a week or so ago that we've been on "dark mode" the entire time. while not an explicit accessibility need for us, adding this would improve our user experience a good chunk too (particularly while on phone), and as mentioned by others, would improve the accessibility of cohost greatly.

1 person likes this

Posting here to bump up this request but also hoping that a proper dark mode is implemented. 

I love what the devs have been able to do with the site but would also greatly appreciate a proper dark mode implemented. There's a lot of other features I want polished too but I would love to have this one implemented a little sooner if possible! My strained eyesight would definitely appreciate it ! 

I know there are ways to get a dark mode on desktop but i like looking at cohost on my phone when im out and about so it would be very nice to have one without relying on outside tools!

1 person likes this
@Catonium you should make a post of your own and ask for toggleable light/dark modes. I'm sure you'd get a lot of people also voting for it. This isn't the post to ask for it as this post is about asking for an improved dark mode which has been marked as planned by the Cohost team so they're unlikely to see your request.

1 person likes this
In fact I'll just make the feature request for a toggle option for light/dark mode myself and then you can vote for it

1 person likes this

This really should be implemented, and as a priority.

hey i like being able to bear using this website as i like this website, this would still help me out a lot

Bumping this request.

How can I preserve the current look of my blogs if "better dark mode" gets added? I don't want my posts to have black backgrounds suddenly. I want the black background / white posts / parchment elemtents / red sidebar style. I don't even know how to switch between light mode and dark mode.

I can't even recreate the original theme with the custom theme addon, it's literally impossible.

Please let us select between dark mode, light mode, and the current style (which is apparently "dark mode"? i'm not sure, but anyway, i've grown to like it a lot). Please. I don't want my blogs to suddenly look totally different.