Start a new topic

Ability to silence/block(?) a user from their posts without visiting their profile

Very rarely I see one or more posts from a user that make me wish not to see any more, which I suppose is why the Silence function exists. At the moment, the only way to silence a user's posts is to go to their profile and use the menu from there, so I need to first see more of the posts in order to avoid them. It would be convenient to be able to use Silence (and Block, maybe, though I haven't encountered a need for this myself yet) from the same meatball menu that currently only has "Report this post" in it. This also might help with providing a reminder that these features exist as possible alternatives to reporting.

48 people like this idea

Boosting this feature request after just encountering this issue in the wild. If another user is posting content one finds upsetting, one should not have to go to their profile and see more of that content in order to block or silence them. 

5 people like this

Also thirding this for reasons above. a universal blocklist for the main account would be nice.

1 person likes this

This really, really needs to be a thing. Imagine if on Discord you had to open up someone's profile before you were allowed to block them? Why do I have to opt-in to seeing more of someone when I explicitly do not see anything else from them? It comes off very much like an oversight.

1 person likes this
Just chiming in that I deal with this pretty often since I follow some tags that also get a lot of posts I don't want to see, and most of the time I'd rather silence the page than the individual post. Having to go to their profile every time is at the very least annoying, and at the worst upsetting.

It's been 4 months since I posted last and since then I've had to see a image of rape as someone's profile banner in order to block them. So uh yeah granted that was only once. But still that sucked to see. I didn't get full on triggered but it's not something I'd personally seek out to begin with.

So I guess I'm posting here now to say I'm still for this. Whenever and if ever it gets implemented. 

1 person likes this

It doesn't come up often for me, and I could understand why they may not want blocking to function this way, but it would be so convenient! 

Login or Signup to post a comment