Start a new topic

disable shares from a followed account on main timeline

similar to disabling shares when viewing a particular profile page, i would like to be able to disable shares from that page from showing on my main timeline

i would think this would only apply to empty shares, rather than those that contain a response

60 people like this idea

I feel like this could exist concurrently with the idea of toggling these off generally on your home page. It is easy to conceive that there are particular users you never want to see shares from.

4 people like this

I'd like to bump this request because not having that option is what prevents me from really enjoying cohost.

1 person likes this

oh  this existed already 

because yeah, like. i share a _lot_ and thats cool but its good to be able to filter  that out.

mark this as related whoever does it

6 months later this post is more relevant than ever. my feed is being swamped by one person's asks and the only choices are "they're in my feed unfiltered" or "they're not in my feed at all"

3 people like this

I agree.  To steal someone else's wording (who has since left cohost due to lack of these features), my interests and my friends' interests overlap only narrowly.  As such, I'm only narrowly interested in their shares, but I want to keep up with the more "life update" things that they take the time to author a post about.

1 person likes this
also they're shouldn't be a context for me making a joke about "give em the ol' cohost follow+silence." Like, if I want to see a user's posts in my timeline but they're super spammy with shares, I have no way of reconciling that (which the ability to mute a person's shares is a basic feature of The Bird Site.)

2 people like this

Been wanting this, too. There's several times I want to toggle out shared posts and just see what I followed people for. Once I see a post, I want to move on to the next one, not see it again 10 more times because all my friends shared it. Personally, I don't need the "mute shares" on an individual basis, only on my feed.

Being able to toggle shared posts on the feed could also help prevent people (who share a lot) from feeling guilty (that they share a lot).

That's me, I feel guilty doin' it a bit but I haven't been able to break the habit yet.

And you shouldn't! You should be able to share to your heart's content without worrying!

Made a support account JUST to comment here and say this is VITAL to my enjoyment of and ability to use cohost. I'm already silencing people i genuinely want to follow because I don't want to see all of their shares. :(

Being able to filter on their profiles is really useful but I need it in my timeline.

this is my pet feature . theres this userscript now that hides all shares on the tl btw . ive seen ppl make accounts for just their shares which is like ok kind of a functional workaround . but yeah persistent per-account timeline sharetoggles like this are my absolute pet feature . stretch goal would be like tagtoggles or being able to follow just a tag of a user or something approaching a topic system like this

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment