Start a new topic
Implemented

Ability to link comments

This one's pretty minor, but it'd be nice if you could link to a specific comment in a thread. I've seen a few comments I've wanted to be able to show someone, but sending them the entire post page and saying 'scroll down x amount' seems annoying. Adding an id or some attribute to each comment and being able to reference it at the end of the url (i.e. /post/somethingsomething#comment-id) would be really helpful in sharing information with others.

5 people like this idea

You CAN do this! But only if you access that comment through your notifications:

https://cohost.org/matchmaker/post/176038-matchmaker-161#comment-b4453352-662c-4662-ac93-bdc61cd0c2c2

And it turns out this is already technically possible! Just click the comment timestamp and copy the url from the address bar. Still, a dedicated 'copy link' button would be a nice touch

1 person likes this

As you said, you can already do it via the timestamp on the comment, which is pretty standard across other social media platforms. We'll consider adding another method if/when we adjust the comment view, but for now I'm gonna call this done.

If you choose to put a meatball menu and put report/block/share/mute/hide blah blah blah stuffed in there, that's where I'd put a dedicated "Permalink to Comment" button. The timestamp being the permalink as well is good, and works for me.

Login or Signup to post a comment