Start a new topic
Solved

Cohost keeps logging me out

Hello!

I am very frequently being logged out from Cohost; login sessions are getting lost on a near-daily basis. This adds a lot of friction to my use of the site, since I have to log in before checking for new posts.

I filed this as a bug but of course, I don't really know if it's a bug or intended behavior.

I am primarily using the iOS progressive web app.

20 people have this problem

1 person likes this

Seems to still be somewhat of an issue, as if you don't log in every single day, you get logged back out on the device.

1 person likes this

Still an issue, iOS & Firefox Mobile.

1 person likes this

Still happening. Ironically, I have no problem staying logged into this support site.

1 person likes this
Why not extend the period to two weeks or more? I don't follow enough people to justify visiting the site every day and sometimes I go over a week before I remember to check, and by then I've been logged out. I've only had one other site log me out this frequently: Tapas. All other sites I use let me stay logged in despite longer periods of inactivity.

I am getting this on Firefox 107 on Linux. I can visit several times a day, but first time I check the page every day I need to log in

I am being logged out several times each day - I counted 7 times today alone. I have not had a session last more than 12 hours in about a week now. It seems to increase in frequency when I switch between accessing on my desktop pc and mobile device, but I'm not sure if that's just confirmation bias or not. Using Firefox 107 on Windows 10 mostly, also happening on Android Firefox 107.

I use Cohost on Firefox 107 on Windows 10, Firefox 107 on macOS, and Safari Mobile on iOS, and at least once a day I have to log into one of them again.

Still happening to multiple users, including me. Had it happen just the other day. Here's a post about it happening just recently. https://cohost.org/TaroNuke/post/2431501-of-all-the-things-i

me, yes. its been happening for weeks. happens when i check my notifs too.

still having this problem, I've mostly had it happen on desktop firefox

Same, firefox on mac (

Same here. I don't understand how this was marked as solved. It's still an ongoing issue.

This is still happening to me on desktop firefox, but never on mobile firefox. Maybe due to me using the site on mobile much more often than on desktop?

The original issue was related to the session database being too small, causing sessions to be evicted early, IIRC. For the record, the intended timeout on sessions for cohost is 7 days. If a given device goes longer than that without accessing the site, then that device will be logged out. If you're being logged out on a given device before 7 days, it may be appropriate to file a ticket, to help staff track down the problem (https://help.antisoftware.club/support/tickets/new).

Login or Signup to post a comment