Start a new topic

floating music player for music posts

https://cohost.org/surasshu/post/183355-do-i-have-any-cohost

"it would be so great for music posts if we could have some sort of  pop-out/floating player so people can play music while they scroll...  see this tweet and this discussion in general! https://twitter.com/chordbug/status/1587920505885323264?s=20&t=yDDpWxprHBFyY14ii5Ku6w"

69 people like this idea

since i refered to this topic in another request, i guess i'll also give this one the ol' forum bump! the floating player would (still) be an incredible improvement in the usability of cohost. if it could play any media file, even better, but that's more ambitious--i think playing audio posts would already be fantastic as a start.

1 person likes this

cohost with a floating playlist thing that you can just drop stuff from posts into would be TOO powerful . im rly excited that native mp3s are planned now 

1 person likes this

this would be amazing! Posting audio is a bit of a hassle right now, so any upgrades would be really cool.

1 person likes this

I would just like to add my support to this idea; a floating player would be a huge boost to the functionality of audio/music on cohost!

1 person likes this
I don't want to be specific about how it could be implemented, but in the long run it'd be great if we could have a little radio playlist of sorts, a way to play a lot of audio posts by a single person, or by people with follow, or by people who posted in a certain tag, etc.

I've found that my audio posts get almost no engagement on Cohost, even if it's the primary form of art I practice. Their UI is too high-friction with how people normally use the site.

8 people like this

This might be asking cohost to place too much emphasis on audio specifically, but, both in desktop and mobile, the header does have the length, height and at-the-top-stickiness that'd be just right for a (n invisible when not in use) music player

5 people like this

i feel like an (optional?) floating player for any native stuff would be good? (i agree that embeds should be excluded... probably...)

i could see embeds being included but honestly a native music post would be SUPER nice anyway...

7 people like this
this would be such a huge improvement for sharing music on the site, would absolutely love to see this implemented

2 people like this

one note is that this may need to be limited to a first-class "music post" type (once one exists) rather than any embedded music in general, at least at first.

5 people like this
Login or Signup to post a comment