Start a new topic
Implemented

option to paste images into new post window

I would like the ability to paste images from my clipboard into the cohost new post window, like we can on twitter, imgur etc. This would make composing posts faster, as I don't have to specifically save images to my PC before uploading.

98 people like this idea

This one's vital

please, please, please

this is like the one singular thing that's keeping me from fully switching from twitter before the site burns down

being able to paste an image, instead of having to open sharex and drag the file into the textbox, is so much more convenient.

+1 to this request, would love to have this available

I miss this so much, very used to it from Twitter/Facebook/Mastodon.

woooooooooooooooo!

Definitely an ease of use feature that I miss. Also a low effort posting enabler.

regarding re-encoding: if it's necessary, perhaps show sizes, give options to the user. Let me decide if I want to wait for client-side re-encoding :)

just +1 to this. it's maybe my most requested feature.

+1, would really really love this

i constantly step on a lego when i try to paste images into the chost hole

i would like this too

Yes, this would be very nice to have.

i wouild like to be able to post selfies as 100mph. the current post implementation limits me to posting at about 90mph. assc, plz fix.

I would also like this.

Sidenote: would avoid the weird behavior of trying to upload multiple images from the same local filename (e.g. temp001.png that is being generated/replaced programmatically locally between me selecting it from the file browser)

I think that a new generation of support forum users deserve the chance to upvote this necessary feature, so I am bumping it.

for those still waiting for this, there is a userscript you can use in the meanwhile https://cohost.org/twilight-sparkle/post/901620-cohost-image-pasting

Login or Signup to post a comment