Start a new topic
Implemented

Ablity to view posts on a page by tag

Right now, clicking a tag on a post while viewing someone's page brings you to the cohost-wide list of posts with that tag. This is great when browsing most of the time, but if I'm on a specific page, I'd like the ability to search that page itself by tag, like how tumblr works. I can imagine it working where you click the tag, and it brings you to a filtered list of posts from that page with the tag, and a button at the top that says something like 'See posts about #eggbug across all of cohost'.

Not a critical feature, but it'd be nice to have

44 people like this idea

Yes. It would certainly be nice to be able to go to like...

https://cohost.org/rc/tagged/tag

and

https://cohost.org/specificuser/tagged/tag

3 people like this

This would be a huge upgrade to the way tags work now. I would consider the ability to filter a particular page by tag to be an essential part of a tagging system. (This could also work by allowing users to filter searches by tag and user, but that would be much less intuitive than just making it work like Tumblr.)

4 people like this

This this this. It would avoid people having to tag with 'global' AND 'personal' tags (#programming #caroprogramming) for the sake of page searchability, and 'personal tags' could go back to being exclusively an alternate style of categorization meant to keep posts out of a 'global' tag. if that makes any sense

5 people like this

I want this feature but I think it is standing at issue with the existing tag system. I have been decidedly not tagging a lot of shares with common terms in order to prevent flooding the tags. If OP drops a post in tag #eggbug, and then I tag #eggbug for my own page's eggbug collection when I share it, /rc/tagged/eggbug will have two instances of the same post. If everyone is tagging #eggbug for their collections, then /rc/tagged/eggbug gets in trouble.

2 people like this
I think it could be nice if you could put a little box on your own page that lists some tags you post with often, so that people can click on them and get a feel for what kinds of content you make. For me, there's a wide variety of things I post about, and this would be a good way to let people get a better sampling of the broader picture, rather than just seeing the topics I happened to post about most recently.

I'm just one guy, but I'm one guy whose desire to use Cohost heavily is entirely being thwarted by the lack of this one feature. This is my personal number-one priority.

please please please...... right now im kind of meh on cohost, having an account mostly for the seemingly inevitable refuge for when twitter crashes and burns, but if it actually allowed you to browse tags on a blog like tumblr does i would jump ship basically immediately, becuase once cohost does that it's officially become a blend of the best parts of twitter and tumblr lol

1 person likes this

Also important, the ability to view a tag by chronological order, eg: /tagged/tag/chrono

3 people like this

viewing a page's posts by tag is currently possible, but the URL has to be typed out manually: https://[PAGE-NAME].cohost.org/tagged/[TAG]

for example: https://staff.cohost.org/tagged/cohost%20corner

still, i'd like to be able to not have to do this manually!

4 people like this

honestly this is critical for me and i was really confused when i couldn't figure out how to do it (thank you fish!!!!). i need to be able to look back through certain tags to find stuff on my blog! i hope they implement a tidier way to do it rather than the manual way but i'm glad it's at least there.

1 person likes this
Colin replied on a similar post: "I should add that while the subdomain tagged page works, the subdomain pages are Not Tested right now, so if you're privy to this knowledge please don't pass those links around off-site until we make an announcement in the patch notes; they may be broken in mysterious ways."

2 people like this

thanks for the heads-up, xoey!

1 person likes this

glad to see this one being In Progress, but also seconding the Chronological sorting order option mentioned above, it's sooooo handy

1 person likes this