Start a new topic

Progressive web app has no icon

Using Android 12 and Firefox 106.1, I installed the cohost web app on my home page. However, it shows up as a white box. I assume it's not pulling the right icon for the progressive web app. Attached a screenshot below. Could be just me.

10 people have this problem

I see the same issue on Android 13 and firefox 106.1.0

3 people like this

This would be nice to see updated!

Also having the same issue. No idea why the page can be viewed in a private tab but nor a normal tab.

Still an issue on the latest Firefox mobile (109.1.1)

seems to be a firefox thing, i'm having the same issue! chromium browsers function normally

Don't quote me on this one but I tried downloading the app icons in Cohost's PWA manifest (at https://cohost.org/static/3cb3fec06b8a97a34e7b.webmanifest) and found that both of the icons that it refers to are images with zero data whatsoever. Maybe Chrome is pulling from the apple-touch-icon in the page's header instead as a fallback and that's why it shows up fine in that browser.

1 person likes this

Is this still a problem in current versions of Firefox? I tried 120.0.1 on Android 12 (though I first saved/added the PWA icon on an unknown older version of Firefox) and it shows up as grey text on a red oval on a white squircle, just like the favicon on desktop.

Yeah this has been resolved for me for a while now, at least a few months.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment